The Concept Masterplan will provide a balance of activities for the whole community and will enhance and protect the environmental features of this reserve.
The Concept Masterplan outlines the following features:
- regional playground with beginner level skate/bmx elements
- community garden
- senior soccer field/cricket oval
- junior soccer field
- additional carparking
- Gardiners Creek Trail shared path
- urban forest
- additional revegetation to the biodiversity corridor along Gardiners Creek.
Status of works
The Markham Victory Reserve Concept Masterplan is being progressively implemented over a number of years with many of the recommended actions complete or underway. Future works will be dependent on the Council's budget allocations on an annual basis.
Works such as planting and maintenance will be undertaken by Council on an ongoing basis.
Staging and status of works as of February 2012 is as follows.
Stage 1: Community garden and western playground
- The Ashburton Community Garden was completed in the 2008–2009 financial year.
- The western playground replacement was completed in the 2011–2012 financial year.
|The new shelter within the Ashburton Community Garden.
Stage 2: Gardiners Creek Trail and various pedestrian paths
- The Gardiners Creek Trail was completed in the 2009–2010 financial year.
- The design and implementation of the pedestrian paths are yet to commence.
Stage 3: All Ages Play Space and associated car parking
- The All Ages Play Space was completed in the 2011–2012 financial year.
- Car parking associated with the play space is yet to commence.
Stage 4: Sporting facilities and associated car parking
Stage 4 is yet to commence.
Stage 5: Urban Forest and additional revegetation
Stage 5 is yet to commence.
Stage 6 : Picnic/barbeque area and Water Sensitive Urban Design features
Stage 6 is yet to commence.