Making a Triple Zero (000) call
Knowing how to call Triple Zero (000) in an emergency can be the difference between life and death.
The Triple Zero (000) service is the quickest way to get the right emergency service to help you.
It should be used to contact Police, Fire or Ambulance service in life threatening or emergency situations.
Calls to Triple Zero (000) are free and can be made from mobile phones, home or work phones or pay phones.
Find out more from our Emergency information page.
For instructions in other languages, children's activities and further details visit www.triplezero.gov.au.
Our Municipal Emergency Management Plan (MEMPlan)
The City of Boroondara is committed to working in partnership with the community, emergency services and other relevant agencies and organisation to prevent and minimise the occurrence of emergencies and their impacts on the community.
The broad objectives of the MEMPlan are:
- identify hazards and determine risks that may impact on the municipality
- implement measures to prevent or reduce the causes or effects of emergencies
- manage arrangements for utilisation and implementation of municipal resources in response to emergencies
- manage support that may be provided to or from adjoining municipalities
- assist the affected community to recover following an emergency; and
- compliment other local, regional and state planning arrangements.
Read more on the MEMPlan page.