This program encourages people with disabilities to get actively involved in wheelchair basketball by providing access to accredited coaches and sports equipment in a fun and positive social environment.
- Where: Royal Talbot Rehabilitation Centre, 1 Yarra Boulevard, Kew
- Cost: free
- When: Monday evenings
- phone: 9473 0133, Tim Nield, Sport and Recreation Coordinator
- email: Tim Nield
2012 YMCA weekend escapes for adults with a disability
We all need to escape sometimes. It helps us to relax, have fun and recharge our batteries. YMCA Weekend Escapes aims to do just this by providing weekend residential camping program for adults with a disability in modern, accessible facilities.
Dates for 2012:
- 30 March to 1 April – Phillip Island (Coastal Discovery Camp)
- 28 June to 1 July – Falls Creek (Howmans Gap)
- 31 August to 2 September – Mt Evelyn Recreation Camp
- 30 November to 2 December – Anglesea Recreation Camp