The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre (BVRC) can help find and refer you to volunteer opportunities in the community.
The BVRC sees many international students who seek volunteer work to gain work experience, expand local networks, make connections with the local community, or just get involved with a particular cause or activity. All services of the BVRC are free.
Volunteer roles are varied and may include:
• office and administration work
• assisting people with a disability
• visiting people in their homes
• gardening and environmental work
• meals on wheels delivery
• op-shop work
• providing transport
• working with youth.
People volunteer for many reasons, including to:
• have fun
• meet new people
• try something new
• stay active and involved
• gain work experience
• support a cause
• learn new skills or retain existing skills
• put something back into the community.
For more information: