We also have an excellent network of off-road shared paths including:
- Gardiners Creek Trail
- Outer Circle/Anniversary Trail
- Main Yarra Trail
- Koonung Trail.
Boroondara Recreational Cycling map
City of Boroondara has utilised Avenza PDF maps to create a free local resource for your Apple device, or downloadable as a PDF.
The map shows our off-road bicycle pathways and other information to help you find your way around Borooandara.
It's simple, easy to navigate and designed with riders in mind.
- Local content – recreational trails and amenities
- Easy to use – pan and zoom the map using pinch and drag gestures
- Use maps offline – no need for an internet connection, and when you are connected no data usage other than your GPS signal
- View your location – find your location on the map with GPS
- Search Google – find points of interest on the map using the search feature.
To get the map, follow these two simple steps:
Avenza is working on an Android version of this app, which should be released in early 2013.
A regular PDF version of the map can also be downloaded here, but this version will not link with your device's GPS.
Download the map
Riding on footpaths
The only people who are allowed to ride their bike on a footpath according to Road Rule 250 are:
- children under the age of 12
- adults accompanying children under 12 years
- Australia Post workers
- those with a relevant medical certificate.
When riding on a footpath a bike rider must keep to the left, give way to pedestrians and slow down if overtaking. For more information the VicRoads website.
For more cycling information visit the following: