Final events for 2014
Want to know what the library staff are reading? Get the inside tips on great reads. Discover different authors and genres as library staff review their favourite books at our regular book talks. Have a chat to fellow book lovers over refreshments.
Kew book talk
These sessions are free and no bookings are required.
- When: 2pm, Wednesday 26 November
- Where: Kew Library
Join us for an extra Christmas book talk
- When: 11am, Monday 1 December
- Where: Balwyn library
Learn it @ Boroondara Libraries
Explore the treasures of TROVE
Search, find and get access to over three million Australian books, images, digitised historic newspapers, maps, music and archived websites from Trove.
- When: 10:30am, Tuesday 29 November
- Where: Ashburton Library
Library e-books for beginners
Discover all there is to offer in the wonderful world of library e-books!
- When: 2.30pm, Tuesday 2 December
- Where: Camberwell Library
Kindle e-readers cannot be used to borrow library e-books. This is not a technical session - minimal troubleshooting provided.
How to research the history of your house
Find out about the history of your house in Boroondara, when it was built and who lived there.
- When: 10.30am, Tuesday 9 December
- Where: Hawthorn Library
Stitch with Boroondara
Grab your knitting, crocheting or sewing and head down to your library to 'Stitch with Boroondara Libraries'.
Sessions will be held at Ashburton, Camberwell, Kew and Hawthorn libraries.
This is a free program with no bookings required.
- When: 6.30pm to 8pm, Monday 21 December
- Where: 154 High Street Road, Ashburton
- When: 1.30pm to 3pm, Tuesday 25 November
- Where: Camberwell library, 340 Camberwell Road, Camberwell
- When: 10.30am to 12pm, Thursday 11 December
- Where: Hawthorn Library, 584 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn
- When: 6.30pm to 8pm, Thursday 4 December
- Where: Kew Library, Corner of Cotham Road and Civic Drive, Kew
Phone 9278 4666 or email Library.Enquiries@boroondara.vic.gov.au .
Keep up to date with events at the library via our blogs, e-newsletter, Facebook and Twitter or subscribe via RSS